Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Day I Met Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band





i met Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band one day sitting
they were sitting on a lonely discount shelf at Sounds used CD store on St. Marks Place
the place where sometimes I would wander aimlessly in failed attempts at getting my head together
it was a nightmare for me
a true and terrible nightmare
it was metal clanging in my ears and tom drums banging over and over and over and over
i told my friends i told them all but they laughed
it was cosmic alien talk....too much overdrive....
i had another nightmare
a really terrible one
i saw the vinyl record for sale
it was hanging up high on that over-sized saltine cracker looking wall
it read 65.00 mint condition on a yellow explosive shape thing
i woke up
i woke up
i never bought it
i never had the money
they took it off the shelf
i met Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band
im glad it was electricity
sometimes satanic
it damaged me it really did
and im glad
and im glad
im glad

No comments: