Wednesday, October 29, 2008

CONEY ISLAND ON THE BACK BURNER



Coney Island has always been a special place for me. Growing up, it was the place where us poor folk could have some fun with only 10 dollars. It was a place where you could wash away your demons and never see them again. A place to embrace your sweet heart and make memories that would eventually become stories your children's children would hear at bed time. Coney Island is like another planet; Coney Island is unlike any place you've ever imagined.

2 years ago I began writing about Coney Island in my sketch book. For some reason the spirit moved me in that direction. These words eventually became songs and the songs eventually became ideas for a Coney Island Tribute. I began recording these songs but at some point lost all focus on the project and stopped halfway through.

I'm writing this blog to share with you some roughly mixed tracks that provide a glimpse of what was in my head at the time. I'm also writing this in search of some inspiration to pick up where I left off and hopefully culminate the project. I would love some feedback.

Below are some tracks for you to listen to. Hope you enjoy them.

yours,
JD






WELCOME ( recorded with coney island sea creatures )


Powered by Podbean.com






POOR BOY ( Bob Thorne on Piano )


Powered by Podbean.com







CAROUSEL ( Bob Thorne on Drums )


Powered by Podbean.com






WONDER WHEEL ( Bob Thorne on Piano )


Powered by Podbean.com

No comments: